Managing Millennials For Dummies®
Love them or hate them, Millennials now make up the majority of the workforce, yet somehow managers are still puzzling over how to best recruit, retain, and engage this confounding generation.
Managing Millennials For Dummies explores how to streamline communication and collaboration among Boomers, Xers, Millennials, and even the next generation, Gen Edge. Best practices and proven strategies from Google, Netflix, LinkedIn, and other top employers provide real-world case studies of successful Millennial engagement. This comprehensive look at Millennial management strategies gives leaders the awareness, tools, and tactics to unlock Millennials’ full potential and answers the age-old question, why won’t they talk on the phone?
- Management practices to bring out the best in your Millennial employees
- Debunking of harmful Millennial stereotypes that can get in the way of a conducive manager-employee relationship
- A roadmap to groom high-potential Millennials for leadership positions
- Tips for adapting Millennial-friendly feedback, communication, and work style
Learn to navigate these Millennial workplace ClashPoints:
- Differing perceptions of the org structure
- Collaboration time vs. independent projects
- Feeding the (constant) feedback loop
- Motivating generation “why?”
- Workplace formalities, or lack thereof